In recent years, smart TVs have become increasingly popular due to their advanced features and ease of use. While high-end models from top brands can cost a fortune, Walmart’s Android TV 4K offers a budget-friendly option for those looking for a smart TV with all the latest features. In this article, we will explore the key features of Walmart’s Android TV 4K, its pros and cons, and whether it’s worth buying or not.
Introduction: The Rise of Smart TVs
In the past, TVs were just devices that displayed broadcast channels or played DVDs. However, with the advent of the internet and the rise of streaming services like Netflix and Hulu, TVs have become smarter and more connected than ever. Smart TVs are essentially TVs with built-in internet connectivity and operating systems that allow users to access online content without the need for external devices like streaming sticks or game consoles.
What is Walmart’s Android TV 4K?
Walmart’s Android TV 4K is a smart TV manufactured by ONN, a Walmart brand. As the name suggests, it runs on the Android operating system, which is developed by Google and is used in a variety of devices like smartphones and tablets. The TV features a 55-inch 4K UHD (ultra-high-definition) display, which offers four times the resolution of a standard 1080p HD TV. It also has HDR (high-dynamic-range) support, which enhances the color and contrast of the picture, making it more vivid and realistic.
Key Features and Specifications
Let’s take a closer look at some of the key features and specifications of Walmart’s Android TV 4K:
Display and Audio
The TV features a 55-inch 4K UHD display with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. It also has HDR support and a 60Hz refresh rate. The TV has two built-in 10-watt speakers that provide decent sound quality. However, if you want a more immersive audio experience, you can connect external speakers via the TV’s Bluetooth or HDMI ports.
Operating System and Apps
The TV runs on Android TV 10, which is the latest version of Google’s TV operating system. It comes with a variety of pre-installed apps like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and more. You can also download additional apps from the Google Play Store, just like you would on an Android smartphone.
The TV has three HDMI ports, two USB ports, and an Ethernet port for wired internet connectivity. It also has built-in Wi-Fi, which allows you to connect to your home network wirelessly. The TV supports Bluetooth 5.0, which enables you to connect wireless headphones, soundbars, and other compatible devices.
Pros and Cons
Like any product, Walmart’s Android TV 4K has its share of pros and cons. Let’s take a look at them:
- Budget-friendly: The TV is priced at $348, which is significantly cheaper than high-end models from other brands.
- 4K UHD and HDR support: The TV offers excellent picture quality, thanks to its 4K UHD and HDR support.
- Android TV 10: The TV runs on the latest version of Google’s TV operating system, which provides a smooth and user-friendly experience.
- Pre-installed apps: The TV comes with a variety of pre-installed apps, including popular streaming services like Netflix and Hulu.
- Connectivity options: The TV has multiple HDMI and USB ports, as well as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Average sound quality: While the TV’s built-in speakers are decent, they may not be sufficient for those who want a more immersive audio experience.
- Limited customization options: The TV’s settings and interface are limited compared to high-end models, which may be a downside for some users.
- No voice assistant integration: The TV doesn’t have built-in voice assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant, which may be a drawback for those who use them frequently.
Overall, Walmart’s Android TV 4K is a great budget-friendly option for those who want a smart TV with 4K UHD and HDR support, as well as access to popular streaming services. While it may not have all the bells and whistles of high-end models, it’s a solid choice for those on a tight budget.