IT Outsourcing is an increasingly common practice in companies of all kinds. The reasons can be varied: because they want to reduce fixed costs, have greater control over expenses or delegate the search for professional profiles to other companies to improve competitiveness.
As you know, information technologies require permanent specialization and optimization. It is essential to identify and apply the latest innovations as soon as possible: not doing so means losing great opportunities for the organization. But doing so requires dedicating financial, human and time resources.
By outsourcing IT services, a company can focus on its core business. That is to say, in what it is truly good at and on which its commercial and business success depends.
WHY DO YOU NEED THE OUTSOURCING OF IT SERVICES?
As we told you in one of our articles “The importance of having a good IT outsourcing service in your company” digitization has brought new challenges that companies have to overcome.
Currently, companies are opting for a hybrid work model and having an IT department to manage equipment and technological infrastructure, as well as install the appropriate software or extra layers of protection that protect against cyber-attacks, is necessary, if not to say vital.
In addition, the complete or partial outsourcing of your company’s information technologies generates benefits such as:
- Guaranteed reliability. All systems will work perfectly and, in the event of an incident, it will be resolved instantly. The external experts hired will act immediately and will not have other priorities in the company.
- Continuous improvement. Not only will you be able to correct faults and bankruptcies as soon as possible, you will also be clear that your specialists will objectively look to continue improving existing systems and infrastructures.
- Tighter cost management. If you do not work in the technology industry, comparing and evaluating this type of budget is always complicated. With outsourcing you have true experts committed to success: if they fail, their contract is in danger.
- Reaction capacity. When unexpected and specific needs arise, collaborating with expert professionals makes it possible to create new and appropriate specific solutions.
- Improved performance. The quality of the service increases, while the dedication and the time spent decrease. In addition, in general, better choices are made and progress is made faster towards optimized digitization. 6. Focus well centered. We close this section by going back to the beginning: if you outsource your IT, you can focus on what you are really good at and what differentiates your business. It’s what makes you unique!
IT OUTSOURCING HABITS THAT WILL CHANGE REALITY
Managing an IT outsourcing is much more complex than it seems. It involves handling human relationships, negotiations, technical knowledge, complete learning, trust, disagreements, joys, sadness, successes and failures.
In reality, it is no more complicated than the internal management of those same services and functions. But it requires a different approach and turning a series of good practices into habits that cannot be missed. They are, specifically, these seven:
- Decide with Business Case. They are documents that summarize the characteristics of an action, including the expected expenses and income. It must be the starting point of any IT project to be carried out.
- Optimize hiring. It is essential to write and sign clear and demanding contracts, but with achievable, well-defined and accurate objectives, prices and attributes.
- Thoroughly investigate and audit potential suppliers, including through external entities. And, also, contrast the results achieved with those expected by applying objective criteria.
- Bet on the win-win. Both the client company and its external suppliers must benefit from the relationship.
- Define guidelines and action protocols to apply the contracts between the two parties.
- Establish qualified teams, endowed with the appropriate resources, to govern those services and their adequacy.
- Maintain an attitude of control and decision-making power in outsourced IT services. It is necessary to avoid the risk of lock-in and being captive of a single provider. In short, IT outsourcing is a key element for business consolidation and growth. But, of course, it is not enough to hire a qualified supplier: for the benefit of all, we must learn to manage the relationship.
At Delphos Sistema’s we are aware that a company that outsources services needs to have full confidence in the company it is hiring. To do this, all our processes are based on continuous monitoring of the resources we assign to each client and a constant evaluation of professionals. Thus, we can offer quick responses to specific needs and ensure the quality of the services we offer.