Along with its development, now the features of the WhatsApp application are more complete, one of which is a feature that makes the wa screen turn off during calls.
For some people, this feature is actually annoying. Maybe they feel if this feature seems complicated or for other reasons.
Well, if you are experiencing something similar and want to overcome it, then don’t be confused. In this article, I will tell you about how to solve the screen turns off when WhatsApp phone is complete and clear.
Why does the WA screen turn off when calling on WhatsApp?
Maybe you are wondering, why does the cellphone screen turn off when making a WhatsApp call? This happens because of a sensor called Proximity .
This sensor will make your cellphone screen dark and turn off when WhatsApp calls are made.
The main function of this Proximity sensor is to make your cellphone battery more efficient when used to make calls via WhatsApp, especially for a long time.
In addition, this Proximity sensor will also avoid touching the face with the screen. Of course, you don’t have to worry if parts of the cellphone screen will be accidentally touched.
How to Fix Screen Turns Off When Phone on WhatsApp
If you feel uncomfortable with the existence of this Proximity sensor , then don’t be confused because the sensor can be turned off.
Therefore, immediately, here are the steps you need to follow in how to solve the screen turns off when the phone via WhatsApp:
- First, open the settings by dragging the notification bar downwards and tap on the settings menu with a gear-shaped icon. Usually this menu is located at the top right of the HP screen.
- If the settings application has successfully opened, then scroll down and look for the Applications option. For some HP brands, this Application option is written with the word System Application. If you have found it, just tap on the Application option.
- Well, on the next menu, you need to look for an option called Call Settings or Incoming Call Settings.
- Then, you can immediately tap again on the Incoming Call Settings option in the menu after that.
- After that, you will see several options that can be turned on and off.
- Take a look at the options under Proximity sensor, and see if the feature is active or not.
- If the Proximity Sensor feature is active, you can tap or slide the small bar to the right of the Proximity Sensor text to turn off this feature.
Possibly on some brands or types of HP, the System Application menu is quite difficult to find.
Therefore, you can try to use the Search feature on your cellphone. Then, just write “System Applications” and do the same as above.
What If This Method Doesn’t Work?
Then what if the method above has been done, but the screen still turns off when making calls via WhatsApp? If this is true, it is likely that the problem does not come from the software , but from the sensors on your cellphone.
Usually the problem with this sensor is marked by your cellphone screen turning off when you make a WhatsApp call and can’t turn it on again.
Problems with this sensor , usually occur because of bugs or dirt attached to the surface. This sensor is located at the top of the cellphone screen and here’s how to fix it:
- If the cellphone you are using is protected by tempered glass , then remove the tempered glass first .
- After that, see if the sensor is dirty or stuck with dust.
- But even if there is dirt or not, I suggest to keep cleaning it to make sure the sensor is clean.
- For that, you can wipe the sensor on this cellphone using a tissue or cloth with another soft texture.
- If so, try to make a WhatsApp call again.
- If it is successful, then also clean the tempered glass that was used and reinstall it.
- But I suggest it’s better if you use a new tempered glass , just in case this problem occurs because of the tempered glass you are using.
If it still doesn’t work, what should you do next?
If you have tried to clean the Proximty sensor but the cellphone screen still turns off when used for WhatsApp calls, there might be a problem with the system on your cellphone.
Problems with this HP system, of course, can affect everything, including the Proximity sensor on the cellphone .
Now to overcome this one problem, it would be better if you did a factory reset with the following steps:
- First, open the settings application or Settings on your cellphone.
- After that, look for the menu that says Backup And Reset.
- If the menu is found, then just select it.
- Then look for the Restore HP to Factory Settings menu again, and tap on the menu.
- Continue by following the guide given to the HP until it’s finished.
- Finally, your cellphone will process this factory reset and reboot .
- If it is alive again, then your HP will be like new again.
Before doing this Factory Reset , it would be better if you backup the data first.
This is because the Factory Reset will eliminate all data in the internal memory , including the application and also the files in it.
The death of the cellphone screen when making a WhatsApp call is due to the Proximity sensor. With this sensor , the HP battery will last longer and avoid unwanted touches.
If you want to turn it off, just follow the way to solve the screen turns off when the WhatsApp phone is above.